Test strategies, methods and tools for automated testing, agile software development and continuous delivery
The Norwegian Tax Administration has a large portfolio of mission-critical and advanced IT systems and solutions. They are also at the forefront of adopting modern and efficient software development pratices and tools.
The Norwegian Tax Administration is a very exciting customer for Testify, who keeps challenging us to deliver smarter strategies, practical methods and tools for efficient testing and quality assurance of their mission-critical systems and software development projects.
Testify has had testing assignments in most of the modernization projects in the Tax Administration since we first started out in 2010. We have held roles as test advisers, test architects, test managers, testers and test developers in a number of projects with budgets totalling several billions of NOKs. This includes projects such as MAG, EDAG, SAFIR, SIRIUS, MINERVA, TARDIS, Modernisering av Folkeregisteret, and others.
Through these projects we have had the opportunity to introduce a number of strategies, methods, techniques and tools that have contributed to improving how the Tax Administration tests its systems in an agile and cost-efficient manner.
In addition to operative roles in modernization projects we have held advisory roles and contributed in building testing competency and methodology, which is managed by the Tax Department’s Testing Center of Excellence. This includes, among other things:
- Test strategies designed for large software development projects
- Test automation strategy and methodology
- Functional and non-functional testing methodology, including large-scale performance testing and automated robustness testing
- Test environment strategy and setup
- Design and development of an advanced framework for automated end-to-end testing with dynamic generation of test data and test oracles across long value chains
- Integration testing, including testing with other federal departments, consumers and produces of tax-related data
- Methods and tools for isolated testing both at the system level, the component level, and lower levels of testing
- Test coverage measurement using mutation testing
- Continuous testing and delivery pipeline
- Principles and tools to ensure traceability from requirements to tests to code
- Synthetic test data generation using model-based techniques and machine learning
- Large-scale anonymization of production data to cover complex test scenarios